Did you know that any Plunge Pool (along with spa, swim spa or swimming pool) that sits at 1.2m high or lower legally requires a safety barrier? One question we are commonly asked about by our clients are fencing options. If you are like some of our clients and are put off by the thought […]
Looking for a Plunge but unsure what equipment package best suits your needs? With 4 different AstralPool equipment packages available it is important to know the advantages of each before making a decision. A Plunge Pool is an investment that you will live with for many years to come so doing the research could save you thousands of dollars over the life of your pool when comparing equipment packages.
This Blog covers the inclusions of one of our most popular packages, the Gold Equipment Package.
The Gold Package is designed for those who have minimal time and therefore want a Plunge Pool with as little maintenance as possible. The Gold package is recommended for anyone who wants the healing benefits of a mineral pool and prefers an automated system. This Magnesium based system uses a patented blend of magnesium and potassium which runs through a salt water chlorinator. This system will monitor the Plunge Pool’s chlorine and pH levels and dose the water accordingly, which is all controllable straight from your smartphone using the WiFi component. WiFi will also enable you to control the heating (upgrade item) and pumps from your phone, wherever you may be in the world.
Inclusions of our Gold Equipment Package is as follows:
- Viron P320 XT Variable Speed Pump: An essential part to any Plunge Pool the pump is used to filter the pool leaving it clear, clean and sanitised (in conjunction of using a registered sanitiser). This AstralPool pump is a must for any Plunge Pool as it is more efficient than other conventional single speed pumps and can save you between $700 to $1,200* every year in operating costs. This environmentally friendly pump also reduces greenhouse emissions by up to 90% (when power is supplied from coal fired power plants).
*Information supplied by Viron. Comparisons based on a standard 1HP pump operating 8 hours per day and Viron P320 XT operating at low speed for 12 hours a day on a 50,000 litre pool. Cost of electricity used is $0.28 per kw/h, including a 2& increase in electricity charges each year.
- Viron eQuilibrium EQ18 Chlorinator with pH & ORP Probe: This chlorinator will automatically dose your pool with sanitiser and pH as required- resulting in almost no maintenance from the pool owner. The large screen will show you items such as chlorine level, output level of cell, pH set points as well as water balance. Items such as low/high pH levels, total hours of operation and maximum sanitisation are also recorded.
- Viron Connect 10 Pool & Spa Controller: This handy device is used to operate the equipment used for your Plunge Pool. With an advanced LCD touchscreen this controller also includes 6 x 10 amp power points, 2 x live power points and 2 x 15 amp power points. The 2 power points located at the bottom (15 amps) are available to use for Heat Pumps up to 15 amps.
- Internet Gateway: This handy device allows you to control your pool anytime and anywhere. Working in conjunction with the Viron Connect 10 Pool & Spa Controller, all you need to do is download the ‘connectmypool’ app to automate and control your Plunge Pool from either your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- MagnaPool Mineral Magnesium: MagnaPool is a fantastic option for those wanting a silky smooth swimming experience. Known as a muscle relaxer that can reduce stress and anxiety, magnesium can also help manage conditions such as asthma, migraines, diabetes & high blood pressure. Environmentally friendly, this system also doesn;t affect allergies such as eczema or psoriasis
- Handover Kit: Our Handover Kit includes all the essentials for your Plunge Pool to help make looking after it as easy as possible. It includes items such as a telepole, vac head and leaf scoop. Additional items such as a beach ball will also provide extra fun for the kids.
- SLX Light Flush Mount LED 7 Colours with Transformer: Brighter than other LED’s available on the market, our LED lighting is available as standard in every Gold Package. 7 colours are available with this system and a transformer is included as it changes power from AC to DC (therefore changing to a lower voltage,) making it safe to use in your Plunge Pool. To go one step further, you are able to adjust the brightness level, and this system has brighter LED’s than some others available on the market.
- APA Skimmer White & Grey Skimmer Lid: The Skimmer is another one of the most important elements in your equipment package. It is important to remember the larger the basket on the skimmer, the less cleaning required, resulting in less maintenance by the customer. A Skimmer is a vital element for all Plunge Pools, Swimming Pools, Spas & Swim Spas as it skims debris off the surface of the water. AstralPool’s APA Skimmer includes one of the largest leaf baskets available in the market. Australian designed and manufactured, this Skimmer also has no glue joins which can leak. Even better it is also extra quiet as the weir flap sits under the water line.
- Eyeballs Return- 25mm: Eyeballs (returns) are fittings that are plumbed to the internal of the pool. At 25mm instead of industry standard 19mm, the eyeballs are connected to your filtration pump. Due to this they can’t be shut off and only run when your filtration pump or your Solar, Heat Pump or Gas Heater are running.
In addition to the above, each Plunge Pool also has the option of one of two filtration systems.
Options consist of our CA300 Filter with Viron Active Glass Media (ideal for those who have access to waste (sewer) as well as our ZX250 Cartridge Filter (for those who don’t have access to sewer). Information on both filter systems can be seen via our blog ‘Cartridge VS Glass Media Filtration’.
Though some maintenance is required with your Plunge Pool, you will still have hours of enjoyment thanks to your AstralPool Equipment Package. AstralPool is an industry leader when it comes to supplying parts for the Pool and Spa Industry. The quality of their products, and low running costs (Econo Package excluded) help make owning a Plunge Pool as easy as possible.
Ready for a quote? We would love to hear from you! Either call us on 1300 826 538 or send us a message through our enquiry form.